* Molly McMaster received a misconduct penalty while playing for Roanoke Valley against Elmira on Sunday. We'll see if she's assessed the automatic $50 fine since she was playing on a volunteer basis to promote colon cancer awareness.
* Komets General Manager David Franke said the United Hockey League has decided not to add further discipline to Kalamazoo's Nick Bootland for the hit that left Matt Hunter injured for the rest of the season. UHL Vice President of Hockey Operations Brad Jones examined the play and said the fact that Hunter was off-balance contributed to the separated shoulder. He'll have surgery sometime during the next two weeks.
* Mike Dombkiewicz said he hadn't skated since Tuesday, but I thought he looked pretty good Sunday night. He didn't try anything fancy, but he was pretty solid. Josh Tataryn must have been gulping big time when he got a slashing call on his first shift. I'll be he was praying in the penalty box.
* P.C. Drouin is about to go on a tear. He's due for a six or seven-point week.
* Know how you can tell when Frenchy is on his game? The more he charges out of his net. When he gets in trouble, it's often because he's so far back in his net and he drops quickly. He was firing out all night on Sunday, daring shooters to come up with something.
* The Komets got back to FW at 5 a.m. on Sunday, and they were flat out whipped. Because of that, I thought they played a very solid defensive game on Sunday. Missouri didn't get many chances, and other than one or two, Lonnie Loach and Jim Duhart were never much of a threat.