The International Hockey League (IHL) wrapped up the first day of its Annual Meetings this afternoon. The following items were discussed during the Board of Governor's meeting:
* The Executive Committee voted Michael Franke-Fort Wayne Komets, as Chairman of the Board and Frank Kinney- Port Huron Icehawks as Vice Chairman for the 2008-09 season.
* The IHL Board of Governors unanimously approved a proposal for the supervisor of officials, increasing supervision of all on-ice officials with additional staffing of supervisors so more IHL games will be supervised during the 08-09 season.
“This will provide support to Brad Jones, Vice President of Hockey Operations, and improve the accountability of our on-ice officials” stated Paul L. Pickard, President/CEO of the International Hockey League. “This approval demonstrates the commitment of the Board of Governors to increasing the quality of officiating in our league.”
* The trading deadline will be moved to thirty (30) days prior to the final day of the regular season.
* The IHL will eliminate the 7, 10, and 14 day injured reserve (IR). The league will implement a 30-day IR, a season-ending IR and continue to have a non-roster spot.
* The Board of Governors will continue the meetings Tuesday and Wednesday.