The 11th annual Down Syndrome Association of Northeast Indiana Buddy Walk will be held Oct. 3 at 10 a.m. at Foster Park. It's a 2.1-mile walk of approximately 1,500 people, including Komets captain Guy Dupuis and his family. That's Guy's picture with his son Matthew. Several of the Komets will also be taking part along with Leonardo, ICY, Mayor Tom Henry, Fort Wayne Firefighters, ICY, Premiere Dance Company, IPFW cheerleaders, several area mascots. Again, ICY. There are more than 350,000 individual in the United States with Down Syndrome. The Dupuis team is called "Matthew's Mates." Fort Wayne citizens generated more than $70,000 last year.
There are two ways to donate, either online or through the mail. The website is very user friendly as follows:
* Go to www.dsani.org
* Click on Buddy Walk
* Click Here to Enter the Official 2009 Buddy Walk Site
* In the left column, click “Sponsor A Participant”
* Enter Participant's Name: Nicole Dupuis
* Scroll down, click on my name to enter the “Matthew's Mates” page
* Select your sponsorship level or enter a donation amount and proceed through the secure donation process.
* You can visit this page at any time to track our progress
* If you prefer, donations can be mailed to the Dupuis family at: 10224 Clarks Passage, Fort Wayne, IN 46825.