* The Komets have out-scored opponents 14-3 during the third period over the last nine games.
* Goaltender Tim Haun is 6-0-1 over that span, with a 1.86 goals against average and .941 save percentage.
* They've been out-shot their last five games, something that hasn't happened since 1998.
* Over the last five games, the Komets have given up 31 power-play chances but have allowed only two goals. They have had only 21 chances of their own, scoring two goals.
* After struggling all season to score goals 5-on-5, they have out-scored opponents 28-9 over those nine games at even strength.
None of this adds up to an 8-0-1 streak.
Guy Dupuis: ``All I know is, since we've been playing better defenisvely, it seems like our offense just took off. How do you explain that? The games where we were struggling to score at the start of the year, we were taking some chances, and we still couldn't score. Now we're really buckling down defensively, and everything is opening up for us offensively.''
Matt Syroczynski: ``Confidence is sky-high right now. Now everyone is feeling good and relaxed and the puck is going in. You see smiles out there throughout the whole 60 minutes.''
Al Sims: ``We just want to continue this as long as we can and keep pushing. It's a lot easier to keep the snowball rolling downhill than it is start a new one. I think the guys are confident, they are having fun. They are kibitzing with each other. It's just a totally different locker room than it was a month ago when we were wondering, `Can we win two in a row or three in a row?' ''