Rank the seven IHL teams from what they have signed so far. Who do you think is the top team and why?
1. Fort Wayne: Best continuity, defense and goaltending signed so far. Getting Syroczynski, Woods and Haun I think are the key signings so far.
2. Muskegon: Almost ditto. Like the Komets, wonder if age will catch up to them. League's best offense.
3. Port Huron: Always have a lot of respect for Stan Drulia and how he puts teams together. Kevin Hansen will be great for them in the smaller rink.
4. Bloomington: Finally, the PT have some continuity behind the bench and on the ice. They won't have to spend the first three months introducing themselves to each other. Might have league's second-best scoring.
5. Flint: Generals may end up with the league's top offensive foward line with Pascal Rheaume and Greg Bullock and someone else. Those are the type of players who can help recruit others.
6. Dayton: Gems have an excellent start on defense with Joe Van Cullin and Greg Labenski.
7. Quad City: Frank Anzalone is known for putting together good lineups. Looking foward to seeing Seabass (Laplante) get to play every day. They could move up quickly.
It's still very early yet, and as usual, the depth and quality of the league will be determined by the goaltending and the improvement of the rookies. Toughness looks like it could be a much bigger factor around the league.
What do you think?