A few things I thought you might be interested in:
* Kevin St. Pierre has now tied Kalamazoo's Joel Martin for the top goals against average in the UHL at 2.23.
* Mark Lindsay fought for the second game in a row. ``Good for Mark,'' Komets coach Greg Puhalski said. ``He has played aggressively and generally the second half of the year he has played real solid and he has improved. He's a hard-working man.''
Considering he's only 21, that's saying something.
* How about the new guy? Jamie Milam has some great wheels and some nifty moves. I've also heard he's got the best shot on the team already which is why the Komets tried him on the point on the power play. He could be a huge factor, and it's obvious he has fresh legs.
* Mike Dombkiewicz said when he was with Kalamazoo, the last time the Wings played Flint he knocked out Flint's Dave Stewart with a check and that's what led to the altercation tonight. BTW, how good are Dombkiewicz and Guinn working together right now?
* If any of you can't see how Jorde is asking guys to go, then you're just not paying attention. I saw at least two times tonight. No one wants to mess with him because A) he's a lefty; B) he's pretty darn good and C) he's just the right amount of crazy. I've noticed a lot of times lately where he's just skated by a potential something starting with a Komet and everyone just kind of backs off. That's the real value of a player like Jorde.
* I'm very impressed with what the Komets have been doing of late. Anybody realize they are out-shooting their opponents 38-24 over their last 10 games. Who cares about the 38, but the 24 is pretty freaking good and will allow Frenchy to play as much as he wants. Penalty kills is also back on track, giving up just four goals in the last 49 chances.