* Guy Dupuis: ``I'm not going to lie and say this doesn't hurt. All the players want to do is win more and that hurts more than anything else. I commend management for trying something. It's time to do something. Hopefully all the players will look in the mirror and try to make changes to our game. Hopefully me and PC can get our offensive game back up to par and help out that way more.''
And: ``We've had a lot of meetings over the last three or four weeks, and a lot of guys had their say in these meetings. Not a lot of those things that were said set off any spark. It didn't bring any results on the ice. Right now maybe this will give us a spark, but really I think we have to focus on gettng some actions going now instead of saying the words. We need more Indians involved.''
* This decision was made by Al Sims, David Franke and Michael Franke.
* Leo Thomas and Kaleigh Schrock will wear the A's. There will not be a third A at this time. There is no timetable right now to name a new captain. Part of the reason not to give another A is if they do decide to name another captain and it's not one of those three players, they don't want to have to take an A away from someone.
* Picking a new captain could be done with input from the players or just a selection by coaches and management or a combination of the two. There's no hard and fast rule to how it is done.
* This does not preclude other roster moves from happening. ``We're still working on that aspect,'' general manager David Franke said. ``We leave Thursday for Quad City and we hope to have something done by then. We'll just have to see. We're working on it. If something happens, it will have to happen no later than tomorrow in order to get he new players. Nothing is iminent right now, but we are working on some things. We wanted to make these moves and get that done as early as we could this week so we're ready to go Friday night.''
* The Komets have not talked with Colin Chaulk recently. ``There's nothing to report on him,'' Franke said.
* Derek Patrosso, Craig Cescon and Danko Mironovic all skated hard at practice today and hope to be able to play Friday. If Patrosso and Mironovic come off injured reserve the Komets need to make roster moves with at least two players, likely three to get under the salary cap.
* There are new forward lines: Thomas, O'Connor and Drouin; Curadeau, Francis and Schrock; Musselwhite, Naurato and Lardner.
* With a 4 1/2 season run, Dupuis is the third-longest tenured captain in team history behind the six-year run of Colin Chin and the five-year run of Len Thornson.