The score was 1-1 as defenseman Vince Zaore-Vanie and Leo Thomas scored. All the goaltenders looked good. The ice was very, very choppy so it was mostly a defensive game. Then the teams had a shoototuand T.J. Reynolds, Michael Udovich and Ryan Potts were the only players to score.
* Kids who I thought looked good: Vince Laise, explosive first stride and plays good defense; Lincoln Kaliegh Schrockplayed very good defense and had the best move in the shootout but hit the post. Toby Lafrance was very opportunistic in the offensive end and always seemed to be around the puck. Potts also looks a lot more comfortable than he did last year in camp.
* Rick Varone will likely not play in any of the exhibition games because of bruised ribs but will be ready to go when the season starts. He might resume skating tomorrow.
* There was very little hitting in the scrimmage and no fighting. They skated about 45 minutes and then had the shootout so they ought to be pretty fresh for Wednesday's game against Dayton.
* The lineup for Wednesday will be all the rookies, Leo Thomas, Matt Syroczynski and Evgeny Saidachev. Dayton is also expected to play mostly rookies.
* No one has left camp and there are no new players yet, either. Even if there were any new players expected, the Komets don't announce them until they actually show up.
This is Laise letting go a shot on Matt Wagner who made the save.