* Seems obvious to me the Komets are trying to load up on their developmental players, which is 128 pro games or less under the last CHL collective bargaining agreement. They've got four already in Keith Rodger, Brandon Naurato, Bobby Phillips and Derek Patrosso. That's smart to save room on the salary cap, and each team had to play five last season.
* Lincoln Kaleigh Schrock told me he's had several offers from ECHL teams and he's trying to decide which opportunity will give him the best opportunity to advance his career. He's scheduled to meet again with the Komets over the next week or so. "It's not about money,'' he said.
* David Franke said he's focusing on signing Leo Thomas, P.C. Drouin and Guy Dupuis as his veterans, which will leave him at least one, maybe two more spots available.
* Justin Chwedoruk said he counts as a veteran under CHL rules and he has not heard from the Komets yet. He said he's got a couple of options in Europe.
* The Komets have talked to Mathieu Curadeau who said he has interest in returning to Fort Wayne, but he also is looking for the best chance to move up first. "Fort Wayne has been an amazing place for me for two years, and they are in a good position to ask me back."
* Matt Syroczynski said he's conttalking with the Komets, has an offer in Europe and another in the ECHL. "I'm not in a huge rush to decide."
* David Hukalo said he has no idea what's going to happen with himself. He's still looking for a job.
* David Franke said he'll likely be announcing some more signings later this week and next week. The Komets are talking to more players from Flint and Port Huron, and ``there are a ton of players out there looking for work."
* Just because your favorite player has not been listed here does not mean the Komets are not talking to them. It just means I have not heard back from that player to hear it from their mouths yet.