Yep, I was the dude having the massive party at the Holiday Inn that kept Burgee up. The short, balding old dude was already there! Other observations:
* Alan is correct about the roster turnover from the beginning of the season, except Al Sims prefers to stick with what he's got it at all possible. In his perfect world, he'd take 22 players and make them all better by the end of the season.
* For those of you worried about Flint, you shouldn't be. The Komets didn't get started in 1990 until July 10. Flint will match or beat that and have a stronger management team in place than the Generals had before.
* Why is Burgee turning into the Dennis Miller of the Blog? I have to spend valuable time trying to figure out who and what he is talking about all the time.
* CHL is in danger of losing their key corridor like the old IHL did when Fort Wayne, Kalamazoo and Indianapolis left the league. ECHL has to worry about that, too, if Wheeling and Johnstown continue to struggle. According to the Fort Collins Daily Coloradan, Colorado has only one opponent within 500 miles and three within 800.
* Steve, I don't eat or go anywhere near fish, especially those from FW's rivers. Have been known to walk the RiverGreenway, however.
* Rookie is 60 games or less; Veteran is 300 games or more. Goalies are vets after 18,000 minutes.
* Quad City has a cool logo.
* New KomVince Laise sat out last season. Wonder if he'll have similar results to Rick Varone?