Not Zak Blazic, but Mark-Andre Lavoie whojust called Game 6 in Rapid City.
Somewhere, Handel's Messiah is BLARING "Hallelujah"!!!!!!
To Whom it may concern,
The actions of this league have gone beyond the point of any type of logic. The fans, who pay the salaries of the league officials, deserve and demand answers. The actions of the CHL in regard to the Komet Franchise are the worst that I have ever witnessed in sports. The level of blatant prejudice against this hockey club is so obvious that it is laughable. I would challenge anyone to propose a legitimate argument to refute this. If this were to happen in a league with national exposure such as the NHL or NFL, I can guarantee you that investigations would be launched from multiple sources.
A few of the items that are baffling include:
· Multiple Komet players injured during the regular season and playoffs from vicious hits that were delivered with an intent to injure. I lost count of how may games were missed by these players. I do, however, remember how many games that opposing players were suspended for……A grand total of one.
· Brent Henley is hit in the mouth with a high stick and goes after the offending player. Henley is suspended 3 games. The opposing player skated the next shift and sustained no injuries and no penalty even after CONCLUSIVE video evidence of delivering the high stick.
· Bryant Molle fights the player who delivered the elbow that knocked Brett Smith our of multiple games and receives a multiple game suspension. The opposing player was uninjured and received no penalty.
· A malicious hit from behind on Brett Smith during the Rapid City playoff series that happened directly in front of referee Zak Blazic. Smith misses multiple games. No suspension issued. Not even a minor penalty.
· A malicious hit from behind on David Starenky during the same series. A one game suspension is issued. Starenky has missed multiple games and is still out.
· After officiating game one of the Rapid City / Komet series in which the Rush were handed a victory by Blazic, the league assigns him to game one of the Missouri / Komet series. Coincidence? With only 2 games going on, they have many officials to choose from. Why would they assign an official who has unquestionably demonstrated a bias toward the Komets?
· Game one of the Missouri / Komet series, Blazic issues a penalty shot after the Komet net is dislodged. Video clearly shows that the Missouri players arm was in contact with the side of the net that was dislodged. The Missouri net was also dislodged at least twice earlier in the game under similar circumstances with no call from Blazic.
· In overtime of the same game, Colin Chaulk is literally jumped on from behind and taken to the ice. This was easily one of the most obvious calls that I have EVER seen. This was in front of Blazic and Chaulk also had possession of the puck at the time. There is NO question that this play was observed by Blazic. No call was made.
These points don’t touch on the blatant imbalance of penalties, including 5 on 3 power plays, that have occurred. Funny how we had 2 players miss multiple games due to vicious hits from behind and yet we were more penalized and had players suspended for more games than the Rush.
There is no logical explanation for what has transpired here other than that the leaders of the Central Hockey League have decided that all decisions, including officiating, suspensions, suspension appeals, etc will be made in a manner that will make it as difficult as possible for the Fort Wayne Komets to win games.
I do not have to prove my objectivity in this matter because the actions of the CHL speak very clearly for themselves. They have made a mockery of this post season and undermined the integrity of the game that they should be protecting.
Whole-n-0ne, you should e-mail your post to the chl.
Can't let last nights game beat the Komets tonight and I believe this clubs mental approach and leadership will not allow it to happen must win for Komets as after tonight next three in Mizzou
You forgot to mention the surpise apperance and overturn of a suspension given by the leauge and then overturned the same day.-+
Just another one that all I can do is say WOW !!!