Sorry the live blog didn't work on time. All I can do is apologize for that and say that the link now does work. Not sure why, but it does.
* Al Sims re-signed, they are not announcing the length of the contract.
* Komets may have an affiliation with an AHL team, but they are a little leary of that and may just go it as an independent.
* They are going to concentrate on signing their own players first.
* No news yet on Gary Graham's head-coaching efforts, but everyone is hoping they go well for him. Supposedly he's close on a couple of options.
* If he gets a job, the Komets will hire another full-time assistant coach.
* The Komets and IceMen do not know what division they will be in yet, but it is likely the North.
* That will be decided June 20 at the ECHL meetings.
* They have purchased an expansion franchise, no cost revealed.
* Each team has a three-year agreement that basically keeps rolling over.
* ECHL owns the logo and licenses it back to the teams.
* Very surprised to see how energetic and fired up the Komets' brass and Sims are about this move. They seem like it's just the challenge they need.
* There's still a chance the Komets could re-sign Mike Vaskivuo but no one wanted to put a percentage on that. The two sides are still talking.
I'll have more later.