You can watch them here.
1. A lot of "potential"
2. I liked the up tempo approach; but think conditioning levels need to improve. Many guys were dragging by the half way point thru the third period.
3. Toledo had size AND speed
4. This team could lose a lot of close games
5. Dmen were slow in positional transition in their own zone
6. This team has no space makers at forward
7. Lines at the new food courts were very small... I wonder if a $8.50 bacon cheeseburger had anything to do with that?
8. Watching everything on the scoreboard does not equal fan interaction...
9. If they want more noise, bring back the old songs with the old chants. Stop trying to manufacture crowd noise. Get rid of this PC garbage and let the fans have fun again....
Forgot to add that while I think there are wholes in the roster, as a fan, I am going to give it 10 games before I make my mind up to see how this team gels and if Graham can make adjustments...
Great points JR...fair assessment. I agree with almost everything you said. I always dislike when coaches say "we should have won that game..we were the better team". Oh well, on to the next game...can't wait to see how the team improves and fixes the kinks over the next month. Would love to see a win over Kalamazoo...I saw Evansville shut them out last eve. Will be interesting to to see how we fair against Evansville next week. Let's Go Komets!!!
Responding to #7 on JR's list.
Obviously the higher the prices, the more income. But I think if they put the costs at a reasonable figure, they would sure make up for it in volume. The food vendor certainly has the right to turn a profit. (It's not like people don't have an idea of how much hot dogs, beer, soft drinks, candy bars, etc. cost in the real world).
I've always contended that you take money to the bank, you don't take profit margin.
If the Coliseum likes to advertise changes and improvements, they should put pressure on the food vendor or make the prices charged part of the next bidding process. Now that would be something, wouldn't it?