Insane lawsuit of the day:
A Northlake woman sued McDonald's in Cook County Circuit Court today claiming that her daughter was seriously burned in 2009 when a hot chocolate she ordered from the fast-food giant spilled and seriously burned her leg.
The fark heading for the story perfecly captured the situation: "Look, lady, it's called HOT Chocolate. Not Luke Warm Chocolate or Refreshingly Room Temperature Chocolate. Hot. H-O-T." I wouldn't swear to it in court, but the coffee from McDonald's (pretty good, by the way), seemed a lot cooler to me in the months after that woman was awarded $2 million for the hot-coffee spill. So get ready for some Refreshingly Room Temperature Chocolate. Nobody sue over the fries, OK? Nothing is worse that cold, greasy potatoes.