Guess we should take back every bad thing we've ever said about the way Saudi Arabia treats women:
A source in Saudi Arabia's Shura Council reports that the council has submitted a recommendation to senior elements in the country to permit women to drive vehicles, with the following stipulations:
- The woman driver must be under 30.
- The woman's driving is conditional upon the permission of a relative [father, husband, brother, or son].
- The woman driver must obtain a driver's license from the center for teaching women to drive.
- The woman driver must be modestly dressed.
- The woman driver will be permitted to drive alone in the cities, but outside the cities she must be accompanied by a relative.
- The woman driver will be permitted to drive Saturday through Wednesday between 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM.
- The woman driver must have a cell phone with her, so she can call for help in an emergency.
- The woman driver must pay a certain sum when her license is issued; this sum will be set aside for car repairs.
What great guys! Next, women's votes will matter as much as men's. Oh, wait . . .