Every office I've ever been in has had a refrigerator, and, sooner or later, they are neglected for so long that just putting your lunch next to the toxic stuff in them would be inviting food poisoning. But none of them has ever gotten this bad:
An office worker cleaning a fridge full of rotten food created a smell so noxious that it sent seven co-workers to the hospital and made many others ill.
Authorities say an enterprising office worker had decided to clean it out, placing the food in a conference room while using two cleaning chemicals to scrub down the mess.
The mixture of old lunches and disinfectant caused 28 people to need treatment for vomiting and nausea.
Old lunches and disinfectant. Yum! This story is being passed around the office for yucks today because the managing editor sent out a note this morning asking whoever owns the coffee pot on top of the refrigerator to take it home as it has "mold inside the filter cup" and it doesn't appear "the unit is being used." Mold and coffee. Double yum!
Have a nice lunch.