* The Komets have out-scored opponents 14-3 during the third period over the last nine games.
* Goaltender Tim Haun is 6-0-1 over that span, with a 1.86 goals against average and .941 save percentage.
* They've been out-shot their last five games, something that hasn't happened since 1998.
1. How darn good is Rob Nolan for Flint? Komets should have had seven goals tonight, but he just kept robbing them. That kid is amazing. This could have been another 10-1 game very, very easily, but he was a one-man team in his own end.
2. How darn good is Tim Haun right now? He is a rock in the nets. He reminds me of Kevin Reiter a few years ago when he was on his hot streak, or Bruce Racine the way he is projecting calm out there. Tim just makes the really good saves look so routine because he's so under control. I think he's giving his teammates a lot of confidence.
These are from Otto Boschet and the GOW gang.
The first one is here. It's the Bloomington game from Jan. 9 and includes Bobby Phillips' first pro goal. There's no Tim or Randy on this one because Otto was just bored and needed something to do to stay out of trouble that night.
The second one is here. It's the Muskegon game from last Saturday. Man, does Otto do great replays or what?